Planet Coaster- My Experience

Moderators: QueenJulness, Aeotar
QueenJulness
Junior

Planet Coaster- My Experience

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 pm

I am a huge fan of theme park simulations and if you are, too, you should check out Planet Coaster. Why you ask? Well, if you played Roller Coaster Tycoon you won't be disappointed. Theme park simulations are had to find these days, so I kept myself busy with Wildlife Park 2 (which is a lot better than Wildlife Park 3 in my opinion) but the graphics are a little rough, since the game is ancient. I was looking for something new and then there was Planet Coaster.

The game is currently available on steam and has 5 expansions available so far (I didn't get those though). The community is gigantic with thousands of players all across the globe.
First time players get a nice little tutorial, explaining everything from placing paths to building fascinating roller coasters. As always you need to do a little marketing to get your park the visitors you need and you need to have a close eye on your employees such as cleaning personnel and mechanics.

There's a load of missions to play ranking from super easy to ridiculously difficult and , my personal favourite, a sand box mode.

The sand box mode is just the best: build the park of your dreams completely for free. You want to build the world's craziest and fastest roller coaster? Great! Do it in sand box mode! Loops and helices and faster than the speed of light (not really, though). Run the test mode and once you're done see people get on it and take a ride yourself ! (First person, thank goodness no VR though, that would make me sick). Of course only the toughest of all people will take that ride to hell.

Apart from roller coasters there's a bunch of other rides available, that can be coloured individually and you can even add sound effects. If you're into landscaping, build a fancy place for people to eat, all fairytale style!

The game might come at a kinda high price but I have enjoyed it for several hours and do not regret buying it at all.
Unicorns are real! :D

Aeotar
Junior

Re: Planet Coaster- My Experience

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm

And you can set your park on fire or water - literally. :lol: :lol:

Crazyninjaguy
Regular

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Reminds me of Theme Park World for the PlayStation One. What a game!

Might have to try this out and see if it's any good!
Founder of Gamer Bulletin

QueenJulness
Junior

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

I enjoy it a lot. It's quite complex though :)

QueenJulness
Junior

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Aeotar wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm
And you can set your park on fire or water - literally. :lol: :lol:
People love their special effects hahaha

DeathProofMog
Junior

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 pm

I have never played a theme park sim, only ever played zoo tycoon which i loved. Might have to try this. Though would have to check if the stats would fit my laptop 😅
Forever wishing I was Wonder Woman, a mermaid or both 8-)

QueenJulness
Junior

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm

DeathProofMog wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 pm
I have never played a theme park sim, only ever played zoo tycoon which i loved. Might have to try this. Though would have to check if the stats would fit my laptop 😅
Hate to break it to you but I seriously doubt it would haha you will have to stick to zoo tycoon or maybe get wildlife park 2 which is great too!