Human fall flat review

no avatar
Xharradan

Human fall flat review

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm

I've had immense fun recently with a little game called human fall flat. It's a 3d puzzle game in which you control a ragdoll physics character by using the triggers to extend the respective arms and the thumbsticks to control movement and the camera. The physics based puzzles start off easy to demonstrate the basic principles of the game; like putting boxes on switches and how to climb up ledges. The levels then get progressively longer and more complex. It's both single and co operative. I would suggest playing it co operative first (as once puzzles are solved in solo, it's easy to duplicate I'd imagine, whereas going from two to one player will force you to rethink some puzzles).

There is very little music of any sort which can be a bit odd, I'd have preferred some ambient music, although hearing the 'clonk' of your characters face on a ledge from a mistimed climb is always funny.

The level designs are varied in theme which is great. The checkpoint system is also nice that if you fall off the map, you fall down onto the area you just fell from, rather than having to redo the whole lot (assuming you hit a checkpoint).

On the whole for a little puzzle game it's great. And certainly infinity more funny if you make a rule you can only use your character to point to objects or directions, and by adding alcohol (please drink responsibly and try not to spill it).
Currently playing:
Elite dangerous, The incredible adventures of Van Helsing III, Destiny 2

Crazyninjaguy
Regular

Re: Human fall flat review

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Well, this sounds like a strong contender for our next gaming night!
Founder of Gamer Bulletin

no avatar
Xharradan

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Oh definitely!! I'll hang fire on doing any more so we can work things out. Perhaps couple it with portal 2? Have a puzzle evening. Have you tried pseuma?
Currently playing:
Elite dangerous, The incredible adventures of Van Helsing III, Destiny 2

Crazyninjaguy
Regular

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am

Ah awesome! I suggest we get very tipsy and try and work it all out!

OK, next gaming night. Crate of Henry Westons. Puzzles. Amazing.
Founder of Gamer Bulletin